Thursday, August 27, 2009

Run for a Safe Climate - November 2009

PLEASE GIVE THIS 6 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME … WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP.

On the topic of climate change …. How does it effect you? How does it effect your family? How will it effect your future?

Whilst some people may have true concern, some people are sceptical and some people are indifferent. Whatever category you find yourself in, I ask you to please consider viewing the following link – http://www.safeclimateaustralia.org/run-for-a-safe-climate/

This link will take you to a website containing some information about this run, such as WHO, WHY, HOW and WHEN. I encourage you to watch the short 5 minute video too.

In brief, I am involved in a NATIONAL EMERGENCY SERVICES RUNNING PROJECT, that will travel from Cooktown in Queensland down to St Kilda beach in Melbourne. This will be conducted during the entire month on November 2009. It will involve firefighters, police officers, paramedics, state emergency services workers and military from QLD, NSW, SA and VIC, as well as many of interested people.

Why do I sent this email:
At this stage, I am only person from CFA involved
I am looking for people and brigades interested in supporting this running project, as it travels on the Victoria leg from Albury-Wodonga along the Murray to Mildura and then from Portland to Melb along the surf coast via Geelong and also Kilmore
I am looking for anyone interested in running with the project, whether it be the entire 6000kms, sections through Victoria, or for just a few hours (Runners will need to be able to comfortably handle approx. 10 to 15kms in a day)
I am seeking any donations or sponsors for this cause

If you think you can help me, would like to get involved, or if you have any questions,
please contact me via email or by calling 0402 013 228.

Thanks for your time.
BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION!

James Wong
Leading Firefighter
Patterson River Fire Station